1 pound of bluegill fillets, cut into coin size pieces. (Don’t worry about those tiny bones at the top of the ribs)
2-4 16 oz bottles of lime juice
1 medium size red onion, diced
½-1 bell pepper, diced or pureed
2 Jalapenos, diced
4 Roma tomatoes, diced
Salt to taste
- Cover the fillets completely with lime juice and add about ½” little extra.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 4-12 hours, until all of the fillets turn white.
- Strain the liquid off of the fillets, and add the onion, and peppers.
- Barely cover this mixture with fresh lime juice
- Let sit for 1-3 hours
- Add tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Serve with crackers, fresh sourdough bread, or even corn chips.